My goal with the monthly contest is to provide a fun way to encourage others to learn more about nature and wildlife. When we start looking more closely at the natural world around us, we realize how vast and fascinating it is. I firmly believe that the more we learn about plants and animals, habitats and ecosystems – the more we want to protect them. This contest is also a great way for participants to win a donation for their favorite conservation/nature/wildlife charity or non-profit organization.
|Jan 2011||Sandy Schriever||DFW Wildlife Coalition||$15|
2011 Donation Recipients
|December||Lisa||The Nature Conservancy||$15|
|November||Larry Jordan of The Birder's Report||Shasta Wildlife Rescue and Rehabilitation||$20|
|October||Dinna Cunningham||Alabama Wildlife Center||$10|
|September||Larry Jordan of The Birder's Report||Shasta Wildlife Rescue and Rehabilitation||$10|
|August||Joy Kidd||Bat Conservation International||$15|
|July||Patricia Huss||Rio Grande Nature Center (Alburquerque, NM)||$15|
|June||John Shamgochian||People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)||$15|
|May||Zeb Acuff||Tri-State Bird Rescue & Research||$10|
|April||Jason Hogle||Tri-State Bird Rescue & Research||$15|
|Tri-State Bird Rescue & Research|
Friends of Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge
Shasta Wildlife Rescue
|February||Zeb Acuff||Tri-State Bird Rescue & Research||$10|
|January||Amy Gates||National Wildlife Federation||$10|
2010 Donation Recipients
|December||Jason Hogle of Xenogere||Project Coyote||$10|
|November||AJ||Peaceful Valley Donkey Rescue||$10|
|October*||Tina Gilson||Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary||$15|
|September||AJ||Wildlife Rescue and Rehabilitation||$10|
|August||Jason Hogle of Xenogere||Rogers Wildlife Rehabilitation||$10|
|July||Larry Jordan of The Birder’s Report||Shasta Wildlife Rescue and Rehabilitation||$10|
|June||Zeb Acuff||Tri-State Bird Rescue & Research||$10|
|May||Zeb Acuff and AJ||Tri-State Bird Rescue & Research and World Wildlife Fund||$10|
|April||AJ||World Wildlife Fund||$10|
|March||Zeb Acuff||Tri-State Bird Rescue & Research||$10|
|February||WRR & IBRRC (Do Something “pot”)||$15|
2009 Donation Recipients
Official Rules for the Birder’s Lounge Challenge for Charity
- On or about the first day of each month, Birder’s Lounge will post one or more original images, in a format that contains the contest entry form in the post.
- Contestants are challenged to identify the subject of each of the images by the subject’s common name and/or taxonomic name.
- The winner is the first contestant with the most correct answers.
- The only hint given will be the city and state where the photo was taken. The month and year that the photo was captured is the month immediately prior to the contest month and year.
- Multiple entries are welcome.
- Entries are accepted until midnight of the last day of the contest (allowing 3 weeks for entries).
- The winner will be posted, along with the correct answers, within 2 days.
- Birder’s Lounge will promptly and happily send the donation to the winner’s nature/conservation/wildlife charity of choice!